Muskingum Township
Muskingum County, Ohio
   

BOARD OF MUSKINGUM TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES

April 7, 2016

PURPOSE OF MEETING:

·         The Muskingum Township Trustee met in regular session on April 7, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. in the Fire Building.

 

ATTENDANCE:

·         Trustees: Mike Maniaci, Matt Hittle, Ed Fell.

·         Fiscal Officer: Jason Baughman.

·         Residents:  2 resident in attendance.

 

MINUTES:

The March 3, 2016 Regular minutes were read. Hittle motioned to approve, Fell seconded, Maniaci ayed.

 

CHECKS:                 

Checks were signed and approved for payment.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

 

FALLS TWP. FIRE DEPT SOFT BILLING:

Joe Hunt from Falls Fire Dept was in attendance to answer questions regarding soft billing, Walnut Hills, fire district, our contract, embezzlement, and Gorsuch Road property.

Fell stated to Mr. Hunt that based on our contract we are to receive reports and communication and feels we have not been receiving this from Falls. He feels our contract is month-to-month and there needs to be better communication and compliance to our contract. Fell stated that he along with some residents has been mislead from our prior levy meeting Falls attended and in regards to the "soft-billing" process and definition of.

Mr. Hunt indicated that this was the first time he has been asked to come out to a meeting and answer questions from anyone from his department.

Mr. Hunt confirmed that Fell and trustees were correct in the billing practice is to have 4 bills sent with 2 phone calls. However, after 4 bills and 2 calls the customer is not turned in to collections for non-payment.

His understanding is that non-collections is "soft-billing."  

Mr. Hunt confirmed that Walnut Hills was billed differently because it is a dual response location with Licking Township.

 

Mr. Hunt explained 3 billing types:

1. Mileage - $20 per loaded mile which is dictated by Medicare and Medicaid

2. Basic support service - $500 (example: broken leg, splint)

3. Advance life support 1 - $650 (example

4. Advance life support 2 - $900

 

Mr. Hunt indicated Tammy at our billing company does billing for 18 other agencies and receives a percentage commission on the collections approximately 5-10%.

Mr. Hunt will get with Captain Norris regarding more clarification regarding soft billing and possible change in verbiage to the definition of soft billing and communicate this with their billing company.

Mr. Hunt indicated that his and department goal has been to get at least 2 people staffed at the township 24/7.

Mr. Hunt indicated that the fire district feasibility report is expected sometime around mid June.

 

 

 

GORSUCH RD. PROPERTY:

Fell indicated that there has been a resolution on the Gorsuch Road property that was damaged by fire. There is new owner of the Gorsuch Road property and is expected to be cleaned up as the new owner is putting in a car lot.

 

FALLS CONTRACT SUBLET:

Fell ask Mr. Brady about any sublet fees charged such as for coon hunters. There is no fees charged. Maniaci and Fell indicated trustees just need to know about any sublet and should prepare a basic waiver to be signed for any sublet of the township facilities.

 

FALLS FIRE DEPT EMBEZZLEMENT UPDATE:

Mr. Hunt indicated that there has been no arrest to-date, the department is operating as is with no change and is financially sound. Legally it is still under investigation and will update as information is available.

 

SALT UPDATE:

Maniaci indicated he sent an email regarding this year's salt but has not received any information to-date.

 

OXFORD CIRCLE:

Maniaci indicated that Oxford Circle has been swept and received a thank you email from Miles Freeze.

 

TREE ON CONN ROAD:

Maniaci indicated nothing done to-date regarding tree on Burkhart property.

 

MAINTENANCE CREW COMPUTER:

Fiscal Officer Baughman will work on getting old UAN desktop installed so Curtis and Troy has access to training materials.

 

CLIFF MURPHY:

Hittle asked trustees regarding the Cliff Murphy. Maniaci indicated that we along with CAMM and Doug Davis discussed with Mr. Murphy that we couldn't do anything for his property as it is private property and his driveway was part of a right away. The driveway needed sloped and the only possible thing we could do was run some perforated pipe under his driveway, about 80 feet of pipe with catch basin to divert the water into his ditch.

 

GREGORY LANE/TERRACE SHORES:

Fell indicated he received all regarding drainage issue on property on Gregory Lane. Manaici asked Curtis possibility of running a pipe along the road to the river or a ditch vs. the existing 4 inch pipe that was installed many years ago by the township, however Maniaci indicated he cannot find any record of a right away that would allow us to proceed with anything.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

 

FIRE & EMS RUN REPORTS - MARCH 2016:

Fire      4          Emergency                  A.R.T.(average response time)           10:48

            1          Non-Emergency          A.R.T. (average response time)          10:00

            1          Other                           A.R.T. (average response time)          9:21

EMS    24                                            A.R.T. (average response time)          8:07     (Dispatch to scene)

 

ROAD UPDATES/ENGINEERS LETTER:

Maniaci indicated we have to schedule our own road meeting with the engineer before May 22. Maniaci will call engineer. Funds available: Type 1 funds $963, Type 2 funds $10,440.

 

STOP SIGNS:

Curtis indicated that it is the railroads responsibility for the stop sign on the Rock Cut railroad crossing.

 

TREES:

Maniaci and trustees indicated need to look at tree on corner of Dresden, Rock Cut, Powelson, and Chugg Run and Stonehenge. All Pro Trees will take care of the Stonehenge tree for us.

 

CHIP SEAL:

Maniaci indicated need to think about and discuss chip-seal. We did heavy oil last year on chip-seal and goal was to do less chip-seal this year and more asphalt. Would be nice to only use remaining stone for chip-seal and not even bid out gravel but will wait and see about the road conditions.

 

TROY:

Maniaci ask trustees any comments on feedback regarding how Troy was coming. Trustees agreed Troy was progressing and trying and working on getting more comfortable and agreed Curtis needs to progress as well with the training for Troy.

 

Fell moved to adjourn.  Seconded by Hittle.  All ayed.

 

                                                                        _________________________________

                                                                                    Jason T. Baughman, CPA, Fiscal Officer

_____________________________

 

_____________________________

 

_____________________________