BOARD OF MUSKINGUM TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
January 11, 2016
PURPOSE OF MEETING:
· The Muskingum Township Trustee met in special session on January 11, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. in the Fire Building for the purpose of the 2016 Re-Organizational Meeting.
· Trustees: Mike Maniaci, Matt Hittle, Ed Fell.
· Fiscal Officer: Jason Baughman.
· Residents: 3 resident in attendance.
Nomination of President:
· Fell nominated Mike Maniaci for President, Hittle seconded. Maniaci ayed.
Nomination of Burial Committee:
· Maniaci motion to have Matt Hittle and Ed Fell on the Burial Committee. Hittle seconded. Fell ayed.
· Maniaci motion that emergency labor paid as following:
· $14.00 per hour with a CDL license and $12.00 per hour without. Fell seconded. Hittle ayed.
Public Records Policy:
· Maniaci made motion to adopt a change to our current township public records policy.
· Public records will be provided in a timely manner.
· Charge will be: first 10 copies free, $.10 per page, going rate of a flash drive or CD copy. Fell seconded. Hittle ayed. Roll Call: Maniaci ayed, Hittle ayed, Fell ayed.
Credit Card Policy:
· Maniaci made a motion to continue and accept our current credit card policy.
· All three trustees, fiscal officer, township maintenance workers will have access to the cards.
· The limits for all cards will be $150 per transaction. If over that amount, permission must be obtained by township trustees. Hittle seconded. Fell ayed.
· Maniaci made the motion that the Township equipment can be operated by all road crew and trustees or any other person who has been authorized by the trustees or road crew to do so. Hittle seconded. Fell ayed.
· Maniaci stated the inventory is complete and have received confirmation of receipt from County Engineer per O.R.C. 505.04.
· The Records Commission, according to O.R.C. 149.42 will consist of a Chairman of the Board; this being Mike Maniaci and the Fiscal Officer, Jason Baughman will be the Records Commission. Maniaci made the motion, seconded by Fell. Hittle ayed.
· Maniaci motion that employees/elected officials who are authorized to use their private vehicles for township business such as conferences, training, etc. will be reimbursed at the standard mileage reimbursement rate established by the I.R.S. of 54 cents per mile which is allowable under the O.R.C. Fell seconded. Hittle ayed.
· Maniaci moved to keep the regular monthly township meetings the first Thursday of every month.
· Notice will be posted in the newspaper once, on the website and posted monthly on the sign in the front of the township.
· Special meetings will be posted on the website, sign out in the front of the township hall and newspaper at least 24 hours before the meeting. Hittle seconded. Fell ayed.
Personal Files Policy:
· Maniaci motioned to appoint the fiscal officer to have control of all storage and distribution of personnel files and information.
· All personnel files will be in a locked filing cabinet maintain request log, if there is a question of what can or cannot be released, fiscal officer is to contact legal counsel, Bud Chess. Violation may result in written reprimand issued from the prosecutor’s office and could lead to termination depending on the situation.
· Fell seconded. Hittle ayed.
2016 Temporary Appropriations:
· Maniaci motioned adoption of the Annual Temporary Appropriations Resolution for fiscal year December 31, 2016 (per O.R.C. 5705.38) until the Amended Official Certificate of Estimated Resources is adopted and received from the Office of Budget Commission, Muskingum County, Ohio. Carryover of $58,487.53, 2016 Estimated Resources $592,870.11 for total budget of $651,357.72. Temporary appropriations of 25% for total of $162,839.43 until permanent appropriation approved. Hittle seconded. Fell ayed.
Maniaci moved to adjourn. Seconded by Hittle. All ayed.
Jason T. Baughman, CPA, Fiscal Officer